Pick and Consume in one hit. Is it possible

Can someone let me know if they have worked out how to do the following, using 3.60 out of the box. I have a Sales Order, some of the sales lines are MTO some are PTS. After running Planning, I have a Project type produciton order with the MTO items on it. The components are in Bins. Some of the components have serial numbers others do not. I now need a/ to create a Warehouse Pick for all the components off the production order, and the PTS Items from the sale order. All on one Pick. b/ Then when I post the Pick (or Register as we now call it), for the Components to be Consumed as per a Consumption journal. I know a/ is a little of the path, but at least b/ should be standard. Am I missing something, or are either/both of these features there hiding from me somewhere.

Hi David Well whilst a/ would be nice it would also take some management - you would not have the PTS item on stock at the time of generating the pick to start production (surely?). I think the pick generation is source document type, rather than source documents and all subsequent requirements, almost like an MRP run looking down the differeing levels of requirements - tricky, but not impossible surely (?) - as for it being standard, well you above all should know how long you have been waiting for more simpler routines in manufacturing [:D] As for b/ and I have not tried this, but what happens if your flushing method is set to forward on the work centres/machine centres linkied to the routing codes at set points. This would mean stock was consumed at the point it is used automatically - the pick from warehousing becomes more procedural to get the stock. I am unsure on the timing issues, and whether this is possible as a flow through, but wouldn’t this work? Thinking about this simply if you had no routing and forward flushed the order the components would be consumed at the beginning, in essence when you pick them (assuming you pick them all at the start). What do you think?

Steven thanks for the ideas, unfortunately I have already been there. In this case I really need the scenario explained above, let me explain in more detail, and maybe you can help me more. The most important issue here, is the actual manufacturing is performed off site, and I need to ship components to the client site, but billing is always based on a Finished Good. a/ The PTS items are purchased to Stock on the basis on Forecasting, so the itmes are generally in stock prior to generating a manufacturing order. On the sales order that originated the Production Order Project, I have Manufactured Items, and Resale items mixed. My “Pick Ticket” must contain pick lines for the Production order, and Pick lines for the Resale items. From this I will ship both Resale items and Production components to the Clients site. b/ Most of the components are on hand, but not always, also there may be reasons to send only part of the Components at a particular time, so I can’t use any form of Flushing, since I then loose that control. The key here is I need tgo keep this simple, and want to do it as much out of the box as possible. The idea scenario would be as follows: Create Sales Order Create Production Order (Type::Project) Create Combined pick for components from Production and Resale Items from Sales order. Choose which Components to Consume and which Resale Items to Ship. Post (register) Pick for these items, and Print a “pseudo” Pick/Ship/Pack document. Ship the goods. Repeat until all components are “shipped”. Output Items that have all components consumed. Perform actual Ship and Invoice on Manufactured items. I am looking here for an Out of The Box solution. If it can’t be done, then it is back to Kitting …aaaarrrggghhhh… PS … what is this tick box at the bottom of my screen here…[8D]

Hi David I think creating a tick box that does all of the above (or below in this thread) will be your best option [:D]. I think the fundamental separation of the production consumption and picking, not to mention the production order picking and PTS items on a sales order, means you will not get this out of the box. Further I cannot see this being simple and neat, whichever way it is done. It is a fine balance between the level of control and the complexity of processing, not to mention the out of the box and modifications balance. I am not a programmer so have no real concept of what would be involved, but I cannot conceive it being in anyway easy. Sorry to say but kitting here you come! That said doesn’t kitting have holes in it? Do you kit and send out for manufacturing or kit to represent the manufacturing? Do you handle the kitting through ADIS? What tracks the outflow of materials and the inflow and subsequent invoice? Sounds like you are having real fun!

[:(]