Pegged Supply from different site than main Production Order

Here is a simplified scenario. I have a FG that is a constraint-based product master that is configured for each sales order. On the FG item, there are 3 pegged supply items.

Here is how I need it to work. Two of the Pegged Supply items and the FG item are produced in Site 1. One pegged supply item is produced in Site 2, transferred to Site 1, and consumed in the FG production.

However, when I configure the FG, it defaults the site from the Sales Order to the Main Prod order and the 3 child production orders that are created by the 3 pegged supply items. ie, it defaults Site 1 for all orders.

I’ve tried using Master Planning to create a planned production order for the pegged supply item that needs to be produced at site 2 and a planned transfer order to bring to site 1. However, when I set this up, it automatically changes the FG production order to site 2 since we zero on hand of the FG and it is using site 2 to refill site 1.

Any ideas on how to tackle this? In essence it is a multi-site production activity that needs to be linked together for scheduling purposes. I prefer not to accomplish this by manually creating the site 2 pegged supply order.