Orderpromising

Hello, I am struggling with the order promising functionality in 3.70. A customer wants to use capable to promise when there are no items in stock. The items have replenishment system ‘Prod. order’ and manufacturing policy ‘make to order’. I’ve filled in all the fields which are related to orderpromising according to the helpfunction and the distribution training material. I also gave the item an routing no. and production bom no. and that is where the problems seems to occure. Without a routing no. and production bom no. filled in, the capable to promise runs allright. When it is filled in, it doesn’t run. Is this normal? Is it possible to run capable to promise for an item with a routing no. and production bom no.? Is it possible to let the capable to promise functionality run and check the availability of the items in the production bom as well? Thanks, Richard

Hi Richard I do not think the fact inventory is zero is affecting this, or the settings you have described. I have set one up here and the CTP is generating fine. You go into Order Promising, Calculate CTP and the planned delivery date and earliest shipment dates are blank - you generate it and does it give you an error? Are the work centre calendars set back far enough to handle the proposed work (unsure if this should affect it, but if the lead time is 5 weeks and you want a shipment dat eof tomorrow the planning tool will reference the calendars, so they need to be set to have a starting date prior to five weeks, and if you have bills within bills this will lengthen - set your delivery date for a year ahead.)

I think you need to flag the critical field on items.

Hi nav nav From memory it is the components of the BOM that need to be flagged rather than the parent, but good spot [;)]

Thanks for the good tips. The critical field did help indeed. The calenders are allright. I am testing in Cronus now, but it still doesn’t work. I’ve made an item and put a production BOM under it with purchase items. The CTP works allright then, it takes in account the lead time calculation and all the other dates I’ve filled in for the items in the BOM. But… I want to put production items in the BOM and work with routing. As soon as I enter the routing in the itemcard and I do exactly the same thing as I did before, the orderpromising doesn’t work anymore. It starts calculating the CTP and shows one date in the processing screen (instead of all dates passing) while calculating and then ends with nothing. There is no error message. The problem must be somewhere in the routing. I’ve compared it with cronus routing (touring bicycle) but I don’t see anything that could be the problem. Anyone has more tips on how to use routing on an item card and then run the order promising functionality? Thanks in advance.

Hi, We too are facing the same problem with CTP functionality. Eg: -If my final product is having a “Routing” and the remaining low level items in the BOM of the final product are purchased items and have a “Lead Time Calculation” value. The CTP functionality sometimes considers the Routing time into account and suggests the Delivery dates and sometimes there is no date suggestion at all. The other setups to be considered are 1)Company Information: a. Check Avail. Period Calc. b. Check Avail. Time Bucket 2)Order Promising Setup a. Offset (Time) 3)Critical Item (Yes) for low level items. Any suggestions to make CTP work is desirable Best Regards, Srinivas Shetty