No Job Card

I’m in the process of setting up AX for doing productions and am finding out that I can see operations in the Route Card but I do not get any jobs in the Job Card, either in Shop Floor > Reports > Barcode > Job Card or Production > Journals > Job Card. I have setup AX 2009 to do Job Scheduling, does anyone know what I need to do to see the jobs. I do see jobs listed in Shop Floor > Periodic > Registration > Job Registration. My goal is to be able to print out all of the jobs for a production order with barcodes.

Thanks, Jerry

Check the following parameters:

SFC - Setup - Production - Production Parameters. Look at the operations tab and the job level.

The Job Level is set to “Job” and the route consumption journal is set to “Job”, I also have Post Automatically checked. Is this correct? If so, is there anything else that would prevent me from seeing Jobs in the Job Card?

Thanks, Jerry

There is a difference between no jobs and not seeing them - which is it? If the jobs are created and you can see them in SFC to log into this is a different question because it is not that you have “no” jobs!

I can see them in SFC but I do not see them if I go to Reports > Barcode > Job Card. I would like to be able to print out all of the jobs for a production order, with their bar code, so I can have the users scan them into AX rather than enter them manually when starting and ending jobs.

Thanks, Jerry

What happens when, at the release of a production order, you print the job cards?

I don’t get any job cards, even when I start the production on a production order. In Job Registration I can see all of the jobs and I can complete them but when I go to Reports > Bar codes > Job Card and select the production order, I get an infolog mesage that states “Report is empty, Job card - Report”.

What are you selecting on the update of a production order to print the job card - just tell me the options.

That menu of the report does not exist in standard AX, so it is either a modification or a localisation. Do you have the Reports - Production Papers - Job Card option?

On the Production Order, I’m selecting UPDATE > Start. I then go to the General Tab and deselect “Post Picking List Now” (not sure how to make it default to non-seleccted). I then go to >Bar Codes > Job Card and I have also gone to Production > Reports > Production Papers > Job Card and both give me the same result “Report is empty, Job card - Report”. On the Production Papers > Job Card Screen, for Production I have the Production Order that is in the Start State. Production Route is blank and Job Management is No.

You create the job card at the update - release by selecting the job card.

If there is no route there will be no job card, you need to find an active route for the item and site, without this there will be no job card.

Hi AdamRoue,

I have active routes and a bom associated with the BOM Item. If I use UPDATE > Release and have it print the job card, it only shows the first job, not all of them. I’m looking to get a full printed list of all of the jobs.

Thanks, Jerry

No it is Update - Release, on here are the selection points to print the job card. You are skipping the release stage to produce the documentation, not an issue, but I will guess this will be blank. The creation of the jobs are undertaken at the scehduling point based upon the production parameters in production and the production parameters in SFC.

If as you state there is no route on the production order there will be no jobs, it is as simple as that. Basically you have said hte route reference is blank on the produciton order, meaning there is nothing being copied at the point of creation. Without a route there can be no jobs.

Basically you have a couple of data issues - 1 you do not have an active route being copied to the production order and you need to understand why, 2. jobs are not being created, but this depends upon firstly actually having a route on the order.

Hi AdamRoue,

Thanks for all of the help you have been givning me. It appears that all of the jobs are now showing up, there is a job on each page. It appears that changing the Select Setting on the Job Card Page > Route Jobs > Job Management to “Yes” solved the problem. I couldn’t have solved it without you guiding me through it. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks, Jerry

No problem, just glad you got there!

Standard AX does not auto-create job card journal & job card lines (similar to Route card journal). We need to customize to get this. I guess, I may be too late to answer to this query, however thought to keep the group informed.

Standard AX does not auto-create job card journal & job card lines (similar to Route card journal). We need to customize to get this. I guess, I may be too late to answer to this query, however thought to keep the group informed.

Nope it will auto-create them if you set it up to create job journals.

Hi Adam Roue,

I am unable to create the job card journal automatically, when I start the production order. Could you tell me the configurations involved in this?

There are lots, job scheduling is obvious, have you looked in the MES production parameters?