No.2 feild in item table has to call in sales line

Hello Every One ,

I have an query

i have define an Product code in the No. 2 feild of the item table, now i want to call this feild sales line by item cross reference but i am unable to do so can any one have sove this issuse.

shailesh

I’m not 100% following.

Do you want the “No.2” field to behave like the “No.” field? where a user could enter either one?

If you want it to be a item cross reference then why just use the item cross reference table?

Or do you want to change the AltSearchField property of the “No.” field to “No. 2”.

hi Savatage

Actaully No. feild is an primary key so it will call by default, and there is one feild No 2 where i defined the product id of the item for eg: suppose Item No =1000 and No 2 := IPD1000, now i need this No.2 feild in my sales line insted of No feild because client give order on bases of product id. so its requre in sales line

Hi Shailesh,

It looks like you misunderstood Harry’s post.

The item table has the AltSearchField property set to the Search Description as default on the No. field. This means that you can type in the No. or the Search Description into the No. field on the sales line and it will search both.

You can:

1. Copy product id. into the search description and this will work for you - no modification needed

2. Use the standard cross-reference functionality (as Harry suggested) - no modification needed

3. Set the AltSearchField property to No.2 (as Harry suggested)

4. Add code to do the lookup manually (of course the worst option).