Navision Version 4

Hi All,

I need to download a trial of Navision version 4 - any ideas?

Best Regards

Shane

You can find the link here in my blog post about Microsoft Partnersource. But it does require that you have access to Partnersource. Here on DynamicsUser we only have the newer version. But can I ask why you want version 4.0?

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the quick reply!

A customer of mine uses this version; they are thinking about upgrading to the latest version in the future… but in the meantime they are using this.

They’ve approached me to see if I can automatically extract the data somehow, then upload into their ‘members area’ of their website. So I just wanted to download a trial to have a little play and see where to go from there? Ideally if I can schedule the data to be outputted into an xml or csv files that would be great.

Best Regards

Shane

Hi Shane,

Nav is strong on data exports - you can write a XMLport for XML or a Dataport for csv or flat file. These can be scheduled using the job scheduler. Do you have resource with Nav development background to help you on this?

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the advise - I haven’t had any experiance with Nav, So any advise to get me going is much appreciated.

Is it even possible for me to set a trail version of it going at my office so I can find out exactly what I need to do → Then I can set the same procedures at my clients?

Best Regards

Shane

Hi Shane,

I’m sorry to say so, but you will not be able to do much with the trial version, in terms of development. If the customer is using SQL Server, then you might be able to make simple extracts that way, but the more advanced would require that you know a bit more about Navision.

Personally I would always do such integrations directly from within Navision, in fact right now I’m integrating members from my Umbraco CMS based website into Navision and back.

Hi Shane,

As Erik suggested, the trial version is very limited (as you would expect). There is a version on MSDN which allows limited development if you have a subscription. Also I would recommend that you read the Application Developers Guide on dataports and XMLports (Version 5 downloadable here in the document section which is practically the same). In the end, you will need to talk to a Nav partner.

Hi Guys,

Thank you both for your help - at least I’ve got a bit of an idea of where to start.

Best Regards

Shane