Hello I'm looking for a copy trial Navision

Hello everyone,

I’m a newbie here, I’m taking the project revamping my company’s ERP sytem, and Dynamic nav. is one of my first choices. Is there anyone know where to get a copy of Trial version Navision classic (or Dynamic Nav?) I like to see how it works first before commit the implementation.

Thanks in advance for your help

Henry

Take a look here: http://www.dynamicsnavtestdrive.com/content.aspx

Hi Henry,

If you want to “Play” with the product then there are downloads in the download section e.g.

http://dynamicsuser.net/media/p/138921.aspx

This gives you a full copy of Nav restricted to a Demo company and restristed dates.

Henry,

playing around with Nav without having at least a short demo before, can (will) drive you crazy.
It is always a good idea to have somebody showing you around a bit.
As Nav is a very powerful tool - it also has a lot of different settings with quite some obvious and also some not really obvious consequences. So you might run into a number of dead ends before you get where you want to be.

So either you find one to show you around, or you have plenty of time and patience!

I agree with Thomas. You can get a lot out of ‘test driving’ yourself, and you should download it and try for yourself. BUT you should also find a NAV partner close by, find one that has proven experience in your industry, and have them come in for an assessment. It’s not going to cost you anything, and that way you have experienced people in your office that can show you around, you can ask questions, and overall I think you will get a lot more out of it.

Thank you for all your responses, I have a few friends who’s working with Nav and GP right now (user not at dev level), but hopeful that will help me a bit. And found this website is like found a goldmine for a rookie like me :slight_smile:

Thanks again,

HH

User level will be the best to look at anyway as you want to USE the system and not necessarily DEVELOP it ?

Anyway, welcome and good luck. My (and I am sure not only my) suggestion: Go for NAV !!!

I still think you should get a NAV partner show you around, to get an idea of what is possible.

I work for an end-user and can tell you that you should NEVER start a NAV project without having at least one NAV professional (senior consultant og developer) as part of your project. You’ll be able to do almost everything directly out of the box or with small home made customizations, but if you want the most out of your system, then get someone in who REALLY knows it inside out.

Thanks Erik, absolutely, but I’ll try to see how much I could handle it and play around with it first before actually budgeting for a consultant (working for a transforming “mom&pop” shop - company). I’m sure in the next few months, I’ll probably logged on this site 24/7 .

Thanks again…and thanks in advance for your help in the future.

Henry