Navision Manufacturing certification

Dear friends, To be certified as a microsoft navision manufacturing consultant, we need to qualify in overview,essentials, manufacturing prequalification(here after we mention as Man.Pre) and manufacturing exam. In partenrs.navision.com site, for Man. Pre. exam, the recommended course given is APIC CPIM, where as for Manufacturing exam, it is given as Navision Manufacturing document. My doubt is that, without going through APIC CPIM, if one is thorough with navision Manufacturing document, will it be sufficient to qualify in Man. Pre. exam? If not can we get the downloaded versions(free) of APIC CPIM books thru net.? Thank you, Rajasekhar Venumala

I believe this book is enough. It is listed as recommended literature. But you can read APICS dictionary also just to understand terminology. Introduction to Materials Management (4th Edition) by J. R. Tony Arnold, Stephen N. Chapman

The APIC dictionary helped me a lot. The only problem with it, is that it is slightly LESS exciting than reading the telephone book. AH what we must go through.

The book on Mnf which is listed is more than enough. It should help you in beating my 96% score (I had no ERP background, only “studied” the book.

It is important to know the Basics of Production and Manufacturing to pass the Man.pre. Although you have many books, those can only give you definitions. If you have no experience with Manuf. Systems it is a difficult task to get thro the Pre. The Manuf certification is easy if you know the Product and module.