navision attain certification: plan

[:)]; hi all, this is my first post in the navision community. at present i am undergoing training on navision attain. i wanted to know what would be the advisable plan to appear for the certification exams?how much time is sujjested for preparation? this info will be very usefull to me. thanx, dharmendra

My advice to all beginers is the same. You need to post 1,000 purchase orders, and 1,000 sales orders, they must all be different, and you must try to use every combination available. Then you will be ready to take the exams.

Interesting David. Ideally you must read through Manuals related to all functional areas, know & remember the Setup options. [;)]

thanks for replying,(changed my id:it’s dharmendra now,) i hv had 5 yrs. user expeience in ‘baan’ as a core team member.i hv worked in all logistics modules i.e. sales,distribution,materials & inventory mgmt & manufacturing.so certainly hv posted more than 1000 so’s or po’s. that i feel makes enough background for me.i wanted to know the time frame which i will need to devote for navision scm module.right from essentials certification. the solution given by david also is true.even i advise that to newcomers in erp. thanks again. dharmendra desai

Hi, Like everyone I had ‘fun’ passing my NCR. Ideally you will pass by knowing Navision inside out :wink: However, if you want a quicker solution you may want to try the approach I took… 1) Take the exam just for the experience. If you don’t pass then you will know what you are in for next time and which areas to concentrate on. 2) Talk to people who have passed it. The same questions come up time and time again. Make a note of the questions (maybe on crib cards) and figure out the answers. Hope this helps Regards Simon

I have taken the first 5 exams, and they are not that difficult. For the first test: But yo HAVE to “play-around” with Attain for a while. You also have to read the last 10-15 Press-releases. Take a close look at Commerce gateway, Commerce Portal and user portal so you know whats the difference. Also have a look at what is C/ODBC, C/Front, The Pros and the Cons for each. For the second test: Look at Dimensions, Customer Releationship, and have a “walk-through” of Attain. Good Luck [:)] /Palle “Been there, Done that”

Hi Dharmendra, I think David mean to say Post so & so in Navision to learn Navision. But no doubt u ‘ve good experience. As per my experience, Navision exams cover all granules/areas, hence its important to read through all the material even once as that gives a better picture. Due to the Pass %, leaving out some areas of no interest doesn’t help in getting thru’ the exam. Have they added questions related to c/odbc,c/front for Attain? Regards

Important question is, does certification help? In your job? In furthering your career? In any other manner? Would Attain functional skills that you would get through Attain certification be helpful to handle other products say even Axapta or competition products? I think people who have a good experience with both Attain and Axapta and may be other products can really shed some light on this. Are Attain ‘Certification’ skills in demand? Or rather would be in demand considering acquisition by Microsoft and what product strategy they are likely to have, as now they have so many products in the same bracket and actually competing with each other, and some product consolidation is surely to happen soon. What is the product for the future to develop your skills on?

Good question. Perhaps some one from ‘Conspicuous’ could answer you best sukh. From what I have read in most of the Job ads posted, both certification and actual implemenation experience are in demand. But being Functional alone doesn’t seem to help. You need additional skills like sales or technical.

Hi guys, Certification helps but neither prerequisite or in great demand by the market. At the end experience counts. For new comers, certification really helps. How? By the time you clear the exam, it can be assumed that you 've got fair knowledge of all areas, else you might be sometimes working in one domain only and know few/little about others. Certification may help in adding certain credibility when applying for jobs as new to the product. But considering the changes in product lines/technology it’s hard to guess the real difference it can make. Recently they 've come up with new guidelines for certification, so do check them out. Regards

Wheredo we get the info on certification guidelines etc? I’d like to clear the exam. [:)]

quote:

Originally posted by Rahimuddin
Hi guys, Certification helps but neither prerequisite or in great demand by the market. At the end experience counts. For new comers, certification really helps. How? By the time you clear the exam, it can be assumed that you 've got fair knowledge of all areas, else you might be sometimes working in one domain only and know few/little about others. Certification may help in adding certain credibility when applying for jobs as new to the product. But considering the changes in product lines/technology it’s hard to guess the real difference it can make. Recently they 've come up with new guidelines for certification, so do check them out. Regards

I was thru’ one of the mails from the Navision regional office. I think the exams should now be taken from www.vue.com instead of CAT as earlier. Your regional Nav. Office should provide full info. on the tests. Regards

congrats for Passing the first step in Navision