Navision Dynamics Database

Freinds.

One of my client opened the Navision Dynamics NAV version 5 in version 6(2009). That means the database is converted.Now they want to back in Version 5. Is there any solution?

Restore from the backup is the most obvious one. I seem to recall someone once posting a solution for this, but it has been discussed plenty on the forums. Just use the search functionality.

Right, you’ll have to create a new fdb file using the correct version of the fin client, then restore a backup into it. If you don’t have a current backup, then you’ll have to use your current production database (the current 2009 version that you don’t want) to make a backup first. Then use that backup to restore into your new fdb that you made with the 5.0 client.

Thanks for your reply. But it is not allowing to take backup form NAV and SQL

Don’t you have previous days backup of the converted day?

Dont you set daily backup? [:|]

Thanks for your mail.But I am not able to take backup. I have tried from NAV and SQL both.

I can’t think of any reason why you wouldn’t be able to make a backup. Before you go any further, remember that you need to make a Navision backup from within the Navision client session. You won’t be able to accomplish your objective with a SQL backup.

Does your Navision login have SUPER credentials? What exactly happens when you try to make a Navision backup?