Navision 4.0 & Citrix Presentation Server 4.0

Hello, We are currently running the Navision 4.0 client software on a Windows Server 2003 box running Citrix Presentation Server 4.0. We are having an issue with the client software lauching when trying to pass the NETTYPE=TCP parameter to change the Net Type from TCPS to TCP. I’ve tried the following and here’s the end results: In the Citrix Presentation Server Console under Application Location, Command Line: “C:\Program Files\Navision400\Client\fin.exe” NETTYPE=TCP Net Type does not change from TCPS to TCP “C:\Program Files\Navision400\Client\fin.exe NETTYPE=TCP” “C:\Program Files\Navision400\Client\fin.exe” “NETTYPE=TCP” “Citrix MetaFrame - “Navision” failed to start. The Citrix server is unable to process your request to start this published application. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator.” What’s the correct way to pass the NETTYPE=TCP parameter when launching the Navision 4.0 client in a Citrix environment? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rob Paz

So far I have only seen this tcps erro on a normal client. It semeed to me that it was because 3.70 was installed, and since the option string havs changed (i.e. TCP,NETBIOS → TCPS,TCP,NETB) I thought it was to do that, so I did an uninstall reinstall and it came good. BUT I think I lucked out, I do think that there is something more, and would appreciate also if anyone knows the answer.

OK we figured it out, as silly as it may be. In order for the nettype=tcp parameter to work properly, the servername= parameter must be specified first. I made the change to: C:\Program Files\Navision400\Client\fin.exe" servername=xxx,nettype=tcp And Navision 4.0 Client opened and worked without any issues. Thanks, Rob

OK, that fits my scenario alos, sonce I was starting the server without tying ot to a specific database. I have mine working now, but this will definitely help me next time. PS does this mean that in 4.00 youcan’t open a server without definining the database, or does it mean I need to use a screwdriver and a wrench (aka regedit) to fix it.