Navigation Pane Designer

I would like to open an existing form with different filters through the menu. Is this possible?

Ex. I have the Customer Form and would like to create two Menu Items, one to open the Customer Form to show only customers for a particular Customer Posting Group and one to show Customers from another particular posting group.

The options considered were :

1. Create another form which acts like a submenu

2. Create a function button that filters the options on the form

The question remains, is it possible to accomplish this through the Navigation Pane Designer with different filters on the menu itself?

Thnks.

In the new Navigation Pane menu it’s not possible anymore to set default RunFormView when opening the form, or using some C/AL code in the OnPush trigger. I would either go for a new Customer form that filters on the mentioned field, or based on the conditions that you actually want to apply, you can open this form via a codeunit (OnRun trigger), set the filters in that codeunit, and include this codeunit as a new item in the menu… (e.g. have a look at C5500 Production Schedule Management and the OnRun trigger).

Saludos
Nils

Hi all,

I just happen to have the same problem more or less…

I have different menu items that run the same form. The idea behind it was to make it simpler for our users and filter the data ourselves. With the old menus in NAV 2.6 you could easily insert a filter in the menu item properties on the RunFormView.

Not sure if I’m missing something but with the new menu system I can’t seem to find a way to set a filter on the same form.

Would really appreciate any ideas or tips,

Thanks alot.

See the answer Nils gave. But I assume you were typing the same time…

Yeah we were typing at the same time. Just its not possible then. Thanks for the swift reply.

Thanks just the same.