In 4.0 how to open Form with filter from menu

Hello, in previous version we were able to open a form filtered from the main menu. when using menu items we had 2 choices either opening a form using the properties or by writing a code. How/where can we write a code in Navision 4.0 menu to open a form filtered. thank you,

You can do this by putting code in the OnOpen trigger of the Form you want to open. Have a look at one of the journal forms (e.g. Form 39) for an example in W1. :slight_smile: BR, Kenneth

quote:

You can do this by putting code in the OnOpen trigger of the Form you want to open. Have a look at one of the journal forms (e.g. Form 39) for an example in W1. :slight_smile: BR, Kenneth
Originally posted by kcools - 2005 Jan 14 : 11:13:24

THAN K YOU FOR YOUR REPLY BUT [:(] !!1THAT IS NOT WHAT I NEED !!! I WANT TO HAVE 2 ITEMS IN THE MENU THAT OPENS THE SAME FORM, BUT EVERY ONE WILL SHOW DIFFRENT DATA DEPENDING ON THE FILTER I PUT ON THE ON PUSHTRIGGER. THE ONPUSH TRIGGER DOESNOT EXIST IN VERSION 4 ? HOW CAN I SEND PARAMETER FROMTHE MENUES TO THE FORM?

Call a Codeunit that then calls the form with the filter you wish to apply - there is some documentation on this and a few topics also if you do a search

So the answer is that you cannot paramterise this from the new menu suite.

THANK YOU, SO THIS IS BAD POINT IN 4.0

You need to waste a Codeunit now I guess.