Master Planning Parameters (MRP) - Group by Site (Purchase Orders)

I am wondering if anyone has ever modified mrp to group the purchase orders by vender and then by site. We currently have 90 sites and the replenishment purchase orders are all combined back to our warehouse. This generates 1000+ line purchase orders. It would be nice if they could be broken out by site so that each purchase order is a little easier to work with.

thanks, Kevin

you should use filter, that’s only option i can see

You can group it by vendor not by the site…

But you can make use of Buyer groups to achieve this - create sites as buyer groups.

and try to firm the planned orders group by vendor and buyer groups.

The site would be on the purchase order because it is on the demand - not sure what you are trying to achieve as it will then group it by vendor as standard if set.

Are you saying you have planned purchase lines for SITE A, WHS 1 and WHS 2 and you just want to see them all on SITE A?

thanks everyone for responding.

We currently have two companies, A & B, with 90 sites in company A (which are our branche offices) and 1 site in the other company B (which is our warehouse). the purchase orders that are created for our 90 sites in company A creates one giant purchase order for vendor 39, which is our warehouse, and sent to company B. We would like the purchase order to be split into 90 purchase orders, one for each source site.

So currently we see something like:

PO100000 Vend39 1000+ Lines for all sites

We would want to see:

PO100001 Vend39 Lines for Site 1

PO100002 Vend39 Lines for Site 2

PO100003 Vend39 Lines for Site 3

etc…

Would this be possible to program this logic in, similiar to the Group By Vendor. I have not looked into the code yet.

You could modify it, the system can do this if you lock the site filter and then plan selected orders, but it would mean locking the filter and running the routine 90 times, so I would modify it.

Looks like some of the requirements have changed and now they only want to run mrp for selected sites on different days each week.

So how do I lock the site filter to run each MRP by Site in its own batch run?