Is there any reason, sale order is not deleting while posting the sales invoice.

Dear All,

Is there any reason is existing for the sales order (Quanity = quantity invoiced) is not deleting from the sales header, while doing invoicing from sales invoice. Why again i need to run the Delete invoiced sales order report. Is there any specific reason for not deleting the sales order.

Regards,

Nanjappa

You can achieve this if you have posted the shipment , invoice from Sales Order Screen it self.

Dear Manish,

Is there any particular reason for not deleting the sales order after posting the sales invoice.

Regards,

Nanjappa

Some client wants the Sales Order to be available in the system for further reference & some do not want, one reason what I know.

First thing are you posting Sales invoice from Sales order screen ??

If you are posting partially then Sales order stays there only If fully then it will get deleted from sales order screen.

Thanks Manish,

But directly making the invoice from sales order (Quantity = Quantity Invoiced), the system is deleting the order. Here reference is not available. any more reason please help in this regard.

Regards,

Nanjappa

Thanks Amol,

Yes, But why the sales order is not deleting from the sales header, while posting the invoice from sales invoice.

Regards,

Nanjappa

Thanks Amol,

But why sales order (Qty = Qty invoiced) is not deleting, while doing invoice from sales invoice.

Regards,

Nanjappa

What reference are you talking ?

A invoice can have more order lines also…

There can be many reasons why it is not in NAV. but you still have something to delete the orders via batch job.

so better use it or customize your system ypurself.

or you can write your suggestion here

http://ilovenav.uservoice.com/forums/104017-i-love-nav

Hi nanjappa,

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? If you did, would you mind sharing it with us and if any of the posted answers helped you on the way, then please verify them.

Thank you.