Is Microsoft dropping Navision??

A co-worker told me that Microsoft is no longer developing Navision. Is this true?

I hope not!!!

Microsoft is not dropping Navision…I checked: http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Navision/default.mspx And scolded my co-worker.

No unless Bill Gates has told you something? These thread from the Tech 2003 conference shows the future development: Loading... I know I read somewhere about committment to development until 2007 (?) but not sure where. Remember the future development, Project Green, will involve a hybrid of the current Microsoft offerings, so eventually you will get a Microsoft best of breeds with an update path, so I suppose your answer is yes as well! Ahh yes found it!

quote:

Green is to be “the brand new product line that replaces all of the above Great Plains/Navision/Solomon accounting, finance and ERP applications,” said one source close to Microsoft at that time.

Look here http://www.internetwk.com/breakingNews/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=15201323

Actually they made the commitment until the year 2012

Every NSC received a strategic document in which is stated by microsoft that Navision will be supported at least untill 2012, and before that time everybody will get the option to upgrade to the new version within the current upgrade option…

We’ve had a meeting with Navision’s Global Product Management Team recently. They are still developing and there were no indications development would stop the next couple of years.

According to MBS there has never been so much developent resources put into Navision as of today. I think we will see a lot of development in Navision the coming years. It’s a good selling product, generating money for MBS and the customers like it. And what would MBS offer instead of Navision? Green? Yes, maybe in 5 years or so when the functionality has matured in Green. At least in Europe GP isn’t in the market place, so that can’t be an alternative.

Yes we have heard from Microsoft that they have a renewed interest in Navision. For a while it looked as though they felt Axapta was the way to go, but apparently there is still a HUGE potential in Navision, and they are still fully committed to this product.

I’ve heard Navision sales in the USA beats GP sales. Is this just a rumour or can anyone confirm this? It would at least explain Microsofts renewed interest.

So, can anyone tell me which of these demo-movies in Microsoft’s site shows off MBS-Navision? http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/document.aspx?content=/businesssolutions/content/customervideofeature.xml Is it Gumlink (the 2nd one)? I can’t tell what MBS product Gumlink chose after watching the lo-fi video. MBS-Navision would surely be deserving of a demo-movie too, do you not agree?

Hi, I heard rumors that Navision is only one profitable product in MBS family for last year. It can mean few things: - Microsoft do not invest enough money in R&D for Navision and use Navision as cache cow for supporting other products - Navision is Profitable product and Microsoft will invest more in Navision R&D It would be interesting to know what is Revenue and R&D by product for MBS product family

Hmm…Looks like Axapta to me… I have seen two such demo-movies done for Navision in the UK, one for ourselves showing one of our clients and another for another UK Navision customer who sells flasks and lunchboxes.

My guess too, Edward. Hard to tell, but it looks like Axapta’s side menus… I find it a little worrying. MS updated their Business Solutions Home Page with demo-videos featured as a “News and Highlights” item but forgot to include a video about Navision… After all, it’s only MS’s biggest development center outside the US…