Inventory

A number of items are in packs sizes such as 20kg etc. Due to one reason or another, when the stock has been shipped, this has been shipped as part packs (this being incorrect) however, we have are now left with situations such as (eg) 0.00123456 packs left in stock! I tried to do inventory journals to remove this stock, however we can only work to 5 decimal places. As this is now causing problems in manufacturing is there any way the stock can be removed.

Sounds like You have to do it the hard way by going straight on the transactions and change the remaining quantity and close them. It takes a developers license to do that.

If you can get the base quantity to zero, then you could solve your problem. You may be able to create a UOM say in grammes, and then get down to zero with a Physical inventory journal. If it does not work, the as Lars suggests indirectly, contact your NSC.

Thanks for your prompt replies. I have tried the changing UOM to 1kg - and although that lets me create the stock journal, when i go to post the journal it says that the “ITEM TRACKING SERIAL NO. LOT NO. FOR ITEM N0 1**** CAN NOT BE FULLY APPLIED” As I am working on a test system, and the NSC will take not treat this as “priority” (ie sometime this year!) which tables would need to be amended? I have looked in item ledger entries, however, any changes made in here still leaving the decimal places on show on the item card. Again, t.y fo ryour help.

Hi mdam I think David meant for you to create against the item a UOM conversion of 0.00123456 = 1 MDAM, then on the inventory journal you can alter the UOM, naturally you alter this to your 1 MDAM, thus taking 0.00123456 out of inventory [:D]. I have not tried this but it seems feasible. The message you are receiving seems to imply an applicaiton error (is the item serialised?) but you could use the Applies to field on the item journal and apply it directly to the item ledger entry which may solve your issue. As for altering the tables, I am afraid I would advise you to put this back to your NSC, even if you have the developer license, if you start adjusting the raw data and make mistakes, whilst upping the priority with your NSC it create a much bigger mess!

thanks all sorted now! the changing the UOM to one (resulting in a quantity = 1 dp) worked. the reason i couldnt get the journal to post was due to i had amended the item ledger table (i did this before posting, and it was on the test system :smiley: ) and then changed it back - however, i had put the stock back onto a different lot number. So i was selecting one lot number when in theory it wasnt in stock and hence giving me the error message. All the items are now back to full packs :smiley: Again, thank you, and now i have to just master the code units mentioned in my other post :smiley: