Inventory management - How would you do that?

Hi all!

I wan to be able to manage my inventory with quantity but no value. In fact , I need to keep the management of inventory at quantity level only not value.

For exemple, if I buy raw material , I want to make sure that the value of those materials is going against the cost of project on which I am working on BUT at the same time quantities are kept into inventory at zero value.

I know that the is a field “inventory value to zero” that exists but the problem is items are used for different types of projects ( Internal vs External ), the Cost account will be COGS Account or Expenses Account. All RM are used also in manufacturing area to built FG.

So how can I configure or made modifications to take all of that inti account? Someone has already face that ? If yes, please any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

No Idea here???

are we talking 0 value on G/L account level?

When this sort of thing is neccesary, I try to setup each internal project as an inventory location.

I have done this a few times for companies that have inventory items that they do not own, so thus cant be ont he books. It can be done out of the box, but really its a case where a modification makes sense.

No we’re talking about having value of goods againt another account ( Expense Account in this case as it will go by project). We only want quantities on hand in inventory.

So David,

What types of modifications you have done? I know that we will do some modifications as soon as products are received they want to book value at that time to an expense account related to a project.