Inventory counting journal

Dear all

in BOM concept , while doing a stock take

inventory & warehouse management-Journals-item counting-counting

when I count all the component items in the journal I need the BOM item number automatically add 1pc by it self . do I have this option in the system?

is there any other concept in the AX system like parent item and child items inside him?

so whenever you complete counting all child items the system will add 1pc to the BOM item number automatically

any reply or help would be highly appreciated

That is not a count. You in reality either have the components or the finished item - if you still are adding components you have no finished item to count because it is not finished.

The BOM journal will add one of the parent in and consume the components, but the counting journal is for stock checks to define what stock you have. For WIP items you would not count both.

Hi Adam thanks for the reply

I will describe briefly why/how I use BOM : (actually we are not manufacture any item)

in our retail showroom we are using the BOM item number (display piece only without component to sell the item)

while in the central warehouse we use the component only (the finished item physically will not be there only the components will be distributed in racks ) , so if we plan to do a stock take counting journal in the central warehouse we need to add a quantity also for the BOM item number because our sales man in retail show room will frequently check the stock by using BOM item number as he does not know the components item number there.

I am think something wrong here they use the wrong choice for their job . now I am trying to find the correct way for their job, as my experience in dynamics RMS before we use parent item and child or kits items for such as this case

do we have that in dynamics ax ?

They cannot check the stock of the item by using the BOM number unless you convert them into the finished item and do not hold them in stock. If you hold the components AND the finished item you falsely inflate your inventory asset account. Either you hold it as the finished item, or the sales people are given the tools to look at the “potential” number that could be built from the components in stock.

so if I convert the BOM into finished item then will I be able to explode the component in sales order/purchase order and transfer order? for picking and shipping , I mean the component item number will be shown on paperwork (reports)?

as a finished bom for the stock take will I be able to count the component only in central warehouse without BOM item number?

in our case we put zero cost and price for the component items , only the BOM one has total cost and selling price.

Dear Mohammad,

Please make raw material items which you will consume to make one item which will be displayed in your showroom.

lets say you have item A,b,C,D and Flower.

now flower is your finished goods items which you will keep in showroom to sell. and item a,b,c,d are the raw material which you will use to make flower.

so when u create raw material items and finished items then u can track both the items finished items as well as the raw material which is in your warehouse and also you can sell that raw material items as well.

for more clarification you can contact me on my skype ID.

so if I convert the BOM into finished item then will I be able to explode the component in sales order/purchase order and transfer order? for picking and shipping , I mean the component item number will be shown on paperwork (reports)?

No. It is an item - you would need to modify it to show the component numbers - you sell and buy the item or the components

as a finished bom for the stock take will I be able to count the component only in central warehouse without BOM item number?

You have an either or. You either hold the BOM in stock or the components - both doubles your stock. You could the finished item in the store, the components in the warehouse

in our case we put zero cost and price for the component items, only the BOM one has total cost and selling price.

How would you calculate the cost of the BOM when the components you set as zero. You presumably pay for components, price them and roll it up, otherwise you will have incorrect margins.