Item Ledger

I have to assign a lot number to the parent item upon receipt. When that parent item is disassembled in BOM journal, all the child items should inherit the same lot number until that item is sold. this is for the traceability of the item. In the future. if there is a recall on that item, company should know exactly which lot that item belong to.

When the BOM journal is posted, i added a function where all child items are assigned the same lot number in the reservation entry table. But this doesn’t give us visibility till thhe end. Seems like i am missing something. Can someone please lead me in the right direction?

I was also thinking about creating a custom table and holding all that information there, but, they want to run the item tracing report which lists all the activities related to that lot number. I have no idea how to connect the two.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

In codeunit 32 – BOM Jnl. – Post Line. Item materials are consumed using an item journal. Before Navision post you should fill up journal item tracking to use correct lot numbers. If you want native support of item tracking using BOM items you should use manufacturing.

Can you please give me more details on how to use the manufacturing?