Inputting serial numbers provided by another company - help needed!

Hello,

My company is a middle-man supplier. We purchase products from manufacturers to sell to the end-user, therefore we don’t have a need to Assign new serial numbers to products on orders. What we do need is to be able to copy serial numbers that the manufacturer provided and input them into our sales orders/purchase orders. Is there a way to do this out of the box with the Item Tracking Lines functionality or no?

Just FYI, we are using NAV 2009 but are upgrading to 2013 in the next few months. We need to be able to do this in both.

Any help would be greatly appreciated it.

Thanks!

Hi,

If its a Barcode you can scan it and write a procedure to it on update the Item Tracking lines

OR

You can directly copy paste it in Item Tracking Lines window.

OR

if its provided in Excel or CSV write a routine to update Item Tracking lines.

Thanks

Nandesh Gowda

Thanks for your response, Nandesh. I tried typing in a couple of serial numbers in the “Serial Number” column of the item Tracking Lines (did not click on the “…” to use the “AssistEdit.” After typing in 2 lines with serial numbers for a line item with quantity 2, I clicked on “OK.” And that was all fine, but when I go back into the Item Tracking Lines for that same product, those serial numbers i entered are not listed in there, as if they never were entered. Do I need to have specific settings in the Item Tracking fasttab of the Item Card to be able to type in serial numbers? Or do the serial numbers need to exist in a separate table somewhere else?

Thanks,

Jumi

Put Serial No in Serial No Column and in Quantity base column put 1