Incorrect Material Consumption on Production Order

Hi All,

Would like to ask help on this one, based on the picking list journal, production order only consumes 1 pc of its BOM items, but based on the price calculation, item posting and inventory transaction 14 pcs where consumed and deducted from inventory location. This has only happened twice on different production orders with different items. I’ve tried replicating the production order but failed because it shows correct picking list and all transaction postings were correct. Has anyone ever had this same problem? What could be the possible culprit of this? Would really appreciate help and all ideas are welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Jennee

Is there a Unit difference (stocking and BOM)?

Is it the same single picking list consuming 14 but showing 1?

Hi Adam,

We’ve already looked into it through the audit trail and saw that each material consumption is backed by different picking list journals(all 14 of them were posted with merely seconds in difference). the strange thing though is upon looking on the backend, the picking list journals are not exisitng anymore, we are already looking in the possibility that the picking lists must have been deleted. our production module is highly customized and we’re still trying to replicate the issue. anyway, thanks a lot for your reply.

Jennee

I would suggest the fact your production module is highly customized is the cause here and no amount of “standard” advice would help I am afraid. [:D]