How to Show Currency Symbol using the format of a TextBox

Hi all.

I’m trying to show the currency symbol € when print an ammount in a report setting de format property as , but ammunt format not changes.

As a walk-arround, I added a Label with the € symbol beside TextBox containing the ammount … it was fine until I was requested to hide ammounts when value is Zero. Now I set the BlankZero property to Yes in the textboxt containing the ammount but I’m unable to hide the € symbol.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

CN

Just an idea - maybe use international abbreviation EUR (USD, JPY, GBP…) instead?

First, in Europe its a common practice, and second - you already have them ready in Currency field.

Only problem - EUR is seemingly your LCY, so it must be taken from General Ledger Setup table LCY Code field.

Maybe you know it very well yourself, but still I must warn you - consequences can be cruical:

never add LCY to Currencies table
and never enter it in any other Currency field than in abovementioned GL Setup Form !!!

Hello Modris,

It;s me once again. This topic had caught my attention. What do you mean I should not add my LCY to my list of other FCY currencies? You mean if my LCY is USD then it should have not listed on my list of currency? If yes, then why? What must be the effect?

NAVVY

Also, if I want to change the current exchange rate for example at any given time during sales/purchase invoice do I still need to go at the currency list to change rate?

Please confirm. That was how I understood from previous forums.

Thanks

Navvy

instead of display € symbol directly, use some variable and write the code,

IF AMOUNT=0 THEN

TextVariable:= ‘’ ELSE

TextVariable:= €;

Hi thanks for the reply. Well in my case I set up my list of Currencies as GBP, USD, JPY. My LCY is USD, and I also added USD in my currency list. Would that be a problem?

Because Modris got me confused. It may be a mistake. Then early as now while I am starting to set up my company, I should have know to change it if it was wrong.

Please clear,Thanks

Maybe i can add the following s to this topic :

if € is Lcy then it can be called like this in Report varaible:= GeneralLedgersetup.LCYCode .

Navy , yes LCy shouldn’t be put in currency table. because all the currencies filled in the currency table to enter the exchange rate instead of LCY .

Navy , every time you have to change exchange rate —> you have to go to currecy exchange table and enter new entry in new date and new exchange rate .

Hi, thanks for the info. Now, what would be my currency used for my customers and suppliers with the same currency of my LCY if if not going to add my LCY to my currency list? How will NAV know that the supplier or customer is in LCY?

Hi Navy,

Lcy is entered as blank … blank currencey code means LCY currency

Ok, I got it!

Thanks!