Having negative quantites in Bins. Possible?

Has anyone modified Navision’s Bin Location in WHM to allow it to go into negative quantities? If so, what kind of problems have you ran into when doing this? If not, can this modification be done? I modified codeunit 7301 (Whse. Jnl.-Register Line) and commented out the area where it’s blocking negative quantities and that seemed to work, but being paranoid, I don’t think it’s that easy. This is assuming Bins is the function that the customer is every going to use in WHM.

If I understand you correctly, you planning to use WM to create directed picks? Or do you mean that you going to print a simple pick ticket with the “Shelf No.” as the bin? If you’re talking about generating directed picks in WM, how would Navision determine what was available to pick if a bin is negative? When we first switched to Navision I was faced with this issue as well. End users here couldn’t imagine a scenario where problems in inventory had to be corrected before they could proceed. After a lot of arguing back and forth, we decided that if other companies can do it so can we. Now a year and half later I can tell you it has never been an issue. Perhaps that will help you with your customer.