Fixed Asset Sales Order

Hi All,

While posting Sales Order of Fixed Asset I am getting a error :

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Disposal Date must be the last date for Fixed Asset No. = FA/1112/0083 in Depreciation Book Code = COMPANY.

OK

I have check in Cronus but there also no Disposal Date define in FA card.

If I put the Disposal Date, what it should be?

I am posting SO on 19/05/13.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi All,

While posting SO of Fixed Asset I am getting a error :

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Disposal Date must be the last date for Fixed Asset No. = FA/1112/0083 in Depreciation Book Code = COMPANY.

OK

I have check in Cronus but there also no Disposal Date define on FA card.

If I put a date then what it should be?

I am posting SO on 19/05/13

Thanks in Advanse

Are there any other FA ledger entries for that fixed asset AFTER May 19th already? For example a depriciation on May 31st?

Hi,

I think you have to run depreciation for this FA on the same date you would like to post the SO

rgds

Also check the last depreciation date, becuase you cannot post SO before that date

You need to put disposal data in Card or you need to fully deperciate it before disposal /sale

I know this has been posted here for a while but in case someone encounter the same issue just like I just did.

Here is what I did to get this one fix. Go to Fixed Asset No. (Fixed Asset Card), and click Ledger Entries to see all the entries have been entered for this FA. Check for the last date on the list. The Disposal Date must be later than that date. That means the posting date in the Sales Invoice (for FA Disposal) must be later on the that last day. Hope it helps.

Hi,

This issue is been pending for long, but still posting it as it may be helpful for seekers…
This error appears when you have done depreciation for a month and trying to sell the FA prior to depreciation month.
the solution for this is to cancel depreciation entries rather than reversing depreciation entries. the cancelled entries will not be available in General Ledger entries but will be available in error ledger entries in FA card.
then try to dispose the entry through fa GL journal…