Field Type - Duration

Still on the subject of upgrades [:(]. We have reached the stage in the upgrade process (2.0 to 3.60) where we run the codeunits to bring the data from the temp tables back into the normal tables. We get an error stating something along the lines of, ‘The definition of duration has changed’ and saying that the field type has become ‘duration’. Does anyone have any idea what this means in relation to the upgrade - more specifically where it is likely to be located so i can fix it?[xx(]

quote:

Originally posted by John Small
Still on the subject of upgrades [:(]. We have reached the stage in the upgrade process (2.0 to 3.60) where we run the codeunits to bring the data from the temp tables back into the normal tables. We get an error stating something along the lines of, ‘The definition of duration has changed’ and saying that the field type has become ‘duration’. Does anyone have any idea what this means in relation to the upgrade - more specifically where it is likely to be located so i can fix it?[xx(]

It’s a … er … feature of the upgrade tool. [;)] You must recompile codeunit 104050, then run the step again. Anna

Thanks for your help Anna Its helped our friday seem a little better [:D]. I take it from all the help you have given that you do a lot of this?

quote:

Originally posted by John Small
Thanks for your help Anna Its helped our friday seem a little better [:D]. I take it from all the help you have given that you do a lot of this?

Actually, I just happened to run in the same problem a few days ago. [:D] Glad to have been useful. Anna