Upgrade problem

Help! I am currently upgrading a system from version 2.00B all the way up to Attain 3.60. Whilst running the 104045 Upgrade 3.60 Step 1 codeunit, I’m encountering the following error; The contents of Address 2 field cannot be copied to the No. field because the size of the No. field is too small. Type: Code10 ← Text30 Field: No. ← Address 2 Table: Temp Customer ← Customer I can see where the problem lies, but I wondered if anyone else had come across this problem? Any fixes? Thanks in anticipation.

Hi, Kindly check the sequence of Primary Key field. It should be same in both the version. This error occurs because, while run time Navision Puts all the Primary Key columns(sequence wise defined in the primary key) followed by other fields. It’s does not matter the Field ID is in same sequence or not.

quote:

Originally posted by CMDunbar
Help! I am currently upgrading a system from version 2.00B all the way up to Attain 3.60. Whilst running the 104045 Upgrade 3.60 Step 1 codeunit, I’m encountering the following error; The contents of Address 2 field cannot be copied to the No. field because the size of the No. field is too small. Type: Code10 ← Text30 Field: No. ← Address 2 Table: Temp Customer ← Customer I can see where the problem lies, but I wondered if anyone else had come across this problem? Any fixes? Thanks in anticipation.

If you are in the process of upgrading from 2.xx to 3.60 I would advise you to search the forum for message with “upgrade” in the subject. There have been many posting on the subject not long ago. You might seek in particular for a thread started by John Small with a subject like “The ultimate document about upgrade” (I can’t swear on the exact words, but that’s the substance), where he kindly did a summary of all the problems he faced in the process and the solutions he adopted. Anna

Thanks for the kind reference Anna! Just to say, i think there has been a fix issued for this problem in Hotfix 14 which was issued sometime last week (GB Version at least). This can be found on the partnerguide website if you have access. It does more or less the same as is suggested on the thread i started. Good luck with the upgrade!!

I had already searched for other threads, but missed the one you mentioned (Anna). Thanks for all of your responses.

Hi, Try this www.navision.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5341&SearchTerms=upgrade It should take you to the posting. Hope this helps.