Purchase Order New Field

Please forgive me for this simpliest question as I am very new to this, but if i had to add a new field to the purchase order header table, to then update the vendor ledger entry table, what would be the recommended approach to this. The way I have found on my own means I would have to amend code units 90 and 12, to a newbie this seems very tricky.

Hi, Yes you have to modify the mentioned codeunits.

quote:

Originally posted by andrewlees
Please forgive me for this simpliest question as I am very new to this, but if i had to add a new field to the purchase order header table, to then update the vendor ledger entry table, what would be the recommended approach to this. The way I have found on my own means I would have to amend code units 90 and 12, to a newbie this seems very tricky.

What kind of data do you need to add and how should they affect the vendor ledger table? Anna

Hi Andrew, look for the comment “// Post vendor entries” in C90 and for the statement “VendLedgEntry.INIT;” in the function PostVend() in C12, you’ll need to add the code to pass your additional fields somewhere around there. Saludos Nils

Thankyou all

Now in earlier versions of Navision (aka DOS), all you had to do was update the TransferFields Table, an its done … Look mum no hands… One of the wonderful features of the DOS version that just vanished.

If you are using Version 3.60, you should use update Codeunit 10201 - Transfer Custom Fields instead of 12. They have added this codeunit (hooks) to make upgrading/improvements easier.

Hello Chris, It looks to me like “Codeunit 10201 - Transfer Custom Fields” is a Canadian local feature only. I do not seem to be able to find it in either the GB or W1 versions of 3.60. Is this correct?

I did not realize that. The version tag is a North American change (US/Canada), so I guess it’s a US change…Too bad. FYI, It also looks like it’s been there since 3.01