Upgrading from 2.60 to 3.60

Hi All, When upgrading from 2.60 to 3.60 I got a strange error message when setting up the merge. The NDT (I’m using 1.02) first reads the “Current Customer version” text file and then when it continue with “Copy objects from new base” I got this message: A value in the filter "CalendarMgmt.CustomizedCalendarExistText(CustomizedCalendar.“Source Type”::Compan’…‘CalendarMgmt.’ in the Name field in the Field/Control table is too long for the field type.Type:Text80 Because this is happening when reading from new base I really don’t know where to look for the error or what action to take solving the problem. Is there any one that have got in to the same kind of trouble I would be very happy if you could share the experience and hopefully the solution with me. Best regards Jan Karlsson

Do you have Multilanguage 3.60 databse? If so then this error can be caused by wrong .stx file in your Developer Toolkit directory. You should copy it from Attain\Client directory and paste in toolkit directory.

Hi Arthur Yes I have a multilanguage. I changed the STX file but still got the same message. Any other clue ??

How do you copy objects from new base (txt or client)? Is your new base ML? During upgrade procedures the language of clients must be set to English!

Hi again, sorry for the delay. I import all objects as text files. I have started all over again because I suspect that I’ve done somthing wrong when converting to multilanguage. As soon as I’ve gone through all those actions involved I will be back and tell you wether I succeed or not. Until then, Happy Eastern and thanks for your time so far