Export to Excel not working in NAV 2009 R2

Hi All,

I am Exporting Vendor Ledg Entries to Excel in NAV 2009 R2.

At the time of Exporting I receive an error as:

"The the parameter string ‘’ for the ‘Microsoft Excel’ program is not valid. Contact your system administrator."

For the same I have checked contents of 2000000066 table ‘Style Sheet’ and 2000000065 table ‘Send-To Program’, but both are OK as per Cronus Database.

Please suggest the possible solution…

Thanks for your time.

I am also experiencing this problem at a client when trying to export Job entries. Apparently the problem is only on some jobs, so my immediate guess is, that it must be some bad data making this happen. I do not know for sure, so if anybody have a clue please share.

Hello Guys,

One of my clients had the same problem as described here: When user attempts to use send-to- Microsoft Offic Excel (CTRL + E) from either the Customer Ledger Entry Form or Customer Card for a particular customer, the following error message is triggered:
The Parameter String ‘’ for the ‘Microsoft Excel’ program is not valid. Contact your system administrator.

Issue occurs for only certain customer Records

I took the following steps in my case to address the issue:

1. Zoomed in on the Customer Card for the customer in question || 2. Copied the Customer Record from the Zoom Window into Excel || 3. Zoomed on another customer’s record that does not have the issue and copied the record from the Zoom window|| 4. Pasted the record side by side next to the record I previously copied. || 5. Compared the two records || 6. In my case, noticed that the records were out of sync, for Example, in my Excel, the Search Name field for the incorrect record was on Row 5 while for the Search name field for the correct record was on Row 4. || 7. Found that this issue was caused by invalid characters added to the end of the values for Name field on the customer record. || 8. Once this was removed I was then able to use send-to- Microsoft Office Excel without issues || My client subsequently advised me that the customer Records were imported from another system as oppose to manual entry, chances are, invalid characters might have been included in the record during data import.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Is this RTC or Classic client?