Dynamics NAV 2009 Installation

Hi all,

I have installed NAV2009 and am getting the following error when I try to open it.

The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server cannot connect the Change Listener to SQL Server due to the following error: Login failed for user ‘NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE’.

I have installed the SQL2000 Server.

Has anyone come accross this error?

Thanks

Try to change the account the service is running under to a domain member with sufficient rights at the sql server and the NAV2009 database.

The classic client will set up the required login, database user and permission for the NetworkService account, when you attach the database using the File Open dialog, Advanced tab. This is assuming you are using this account for your NAV Server and that SQL Server is on the same machine as the NAV Server.

I suggest then that you use Management Studio to detach your database and then re-attach using the classic client.

You can instead do this manually (and you have to if not using NetworkService) but it is simpler to allow the classic client to do it for you.

The installer does this also, for the Demo database. Did you have a problem during installation?

Dear Dean & Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. Is it possible to Install Nav 2009 in a Single Stand Machine.

and where Can I use RTC to access NST ??

Is it possible ??

Kindly reply.

The Installer will install all you need for the Demonstration database on a single machine, without further configuring anything, provided that you use the default instance of SQL Server and not a named instance.

Great [Y].

hey guys,

there is actually an error in the documentation…

where you install on a SQL named instance, you need to change your customsettings.config file in program files/…/service

the problem with the doco is that it should say “Change the Database Server key to the full unified machine\server name”

I went through everything in the books and online, and this worked. (took me some days tho).