Documentation

Hello everybody, back with Navision Version 2.x you could get small blue books for every module giving you an overview how to use them. Is anything similar available for Version 4? Thanks, Christian

No, sorry. you are probably the 27,000th person to ask though.

For me thats 27.000 lost opportunities to sell them… Well, anyway, thanks for your answer.

Or in Navisionezze, 27,000 oportunities to sell more consulting time. Really decent manuals should not be too much to ask for. [B)]

All the information that used to be in the little blue books is now in F1 help though.

Yeah but its just not the same. Believe it or not, I learn’t Navision from the manuals, I read everyone from cover to cover. When new ones came out, I would just browse for changes, and you learn something every time. Reading on line help is very different. Its like reading a book on a PDA, it just doesn’t cut it.

I have no problem with the F1 help, to me that is just as clear as sitting back with a paper book. Maybe if you’re used to the blue books it’s a step back out of nostalgic reasons. When I first started it was kind of a status symbol to have your own set of Navision manuals at your desk. Whenever someone left the company there would be a rush on the box. There’s your difference in ‘old’ and ‘new’ school eh [:D] Anyway, I’m being argumentative, I suppose the manuals would be nice to have, but I just don’t dwell on them. If I need more info than F1, I browse our library of training manuals.

Sure Denster, yes, it is a case of old school vs new school. But there are so many Navision users taht are old school, and that really need the manuals. It has been about 8 years since I last read a Navision manual, and am doing fine, but I know that many others need them. Also try flicking through on line help and reading at random, it just does not work.