DirParty Table

Hello!

I have a question regarding DirParty Table. In DirParty Table, we can specify the first name, middle name and surname as well as Name Sequence (If it is a person), right? If I upload DirParty Table first, will it relate to the Vendor and Customer Master? Like having the same Name Sequence for the Vendor and Customer? I actually tried uploading the vendor and customer first, and then tried to update the name sequence by uploading the DirParty Table, but it just didn.t work. Did I miss something? How would I update the Name Sequence for Vendor/Customer?

Thanks.

Haydee

There are many tables relating to the global address book becides DirPartyTable. Check in the AOT>Data Dictionary>Table Collections>DirPartyCollection for the GAB tables. What is a “Name Sequence”?

You need to take the same Address Book Id for vendor/customer.

How you have uploaded the data??? If the Address Book Id are same then Name sequence change in the GAB will effect in vendors and customers.

Name Sequence is an Enum- which determines the format of the Name.

Example: First Middle Last - means the name will be - First Name+ Middle Name + Last Name(See in Global Address Book - > General Tab)

oh thanks Kranthi! I did not make the address book id the same for vendor and customer.

i uploaded the customer table first with no Name Sequence. So if I upload the Dirparty table next with my desired name sequence, the customer table that I previously uploaded will be updated with my desired Name sequence, correct? and if I uploaded the Vendor, it will have the same Name sequence if I copy the same Address book ID??

Thanks a lot.