Costing sheet in AX 2009

Hi all,

how can I setup Transport cost in the Dynamics AX costing sheet, the Transport is not depending on material cost or process cost.

Many thanks,

Mustapha

You cannot because it is not directly related to the production of the product and I presume it cannot be attributed as a fixed or variable indirect cost.

You should use miscellaneous charges and apply them to the purchase order if it is inbound, if it is outbound you could try to absorb it into the cost of the BOM by having it as a service item - depends what you mean by transport cost.

Hi Adam,

I was wondering for outbound, why not use the Misc. charges as well? Any particular reason for this?

Thanks in advance,

The question related to putting it into the costing sheet - you can add a misc. charge outbound without issue but it is not part of the inventory cost as originally requested.

Hi Adam,

How can we add the transportaion cost for inbound material like GRN ( at the time of receving material user does not know the transportaion cost ) ?

How can we load the transportaion cost for transfered material ( Geneally when transfer material between two warehouses , that Transportation cost should load on inventory at receiving location )

Thanks in Advance.

The Indian version of AX (I believe) has miscellaneous charges on transfer orders, everyone else needs an MDIS to achieve this due to the accounting standards of different countries.

Basically you use miscellaneous charges to reflect these sort of costs.

Thanks Adam ,

User created a purchase order for 10 Item and received material .Material had come through transporter . So In AX user has book two invoices

a) Supplier bill for material

b) Transporter bill , which need load this value on inventory.

As i said earlier , user does not know the transportaion cost at the time of placing the purchase order or receiving the material. When it comes to AX supplier bill booking for material is standard .

but what the Transporter bill , which need to link with packing slip , how to book this invoice in AX 2009?

Can you guide me ?

Thanks Adam ,

User created a purchase order for 10 Item and received material .Material had come through transporter . So In AX user has book two invoices

a) Supplier bill for material

b) Transporter bill , which need load this value on inventory.

As i said earlier , user does not know the transportaion cost at the time of placing the purchase order or receiving the material. When it comes to AX supplier bill booking for material is standard .

but what the Transporter bill , which need to link with packing slip , how to book this invoice in AX 2009?

Can you guide me ?

You do not link it to the packing slip. Read the miscellaneous charge chapters. You add the misc charge to teh purchase invoice for the goods with the offset going to an accrual account, you then process the transporter bill and the offset of this account for the service item offsets the accrual.

You mean tp say go to posted purchase invoice and add misc charges .

Am i right ?

In AX 2009 , when it comes to transporter bill process is Create a purchase order and service item and post as invoice . In this process Standard AX does link with Purchase Packing slips.

Am i correct ?

Yes you can add the misc charges to an invoiced order, from memory.

The transporter bill is separate, you do not link it to the packing slip of the goods, you simply invoice the charge, it is a financial transaction to reflect the liability to the vendor, the associated cost is reflected in teh miscellaneous charge added independently to the original purchase order.

There are other process considerations around this depending upon what the business wants to do and how they control it, but until this is defined you need to understand the options and how AX handles this as standard.

I have one question , let us say transporter send an invoice against multiple packing slips

Example : Company placed a purchase order for 100 MT . Each vehicle can contain 25 MT only . So in AX 4 packing slips created and 4 Invoices created. But Transporter is same for all Packing slips and he sent one invoice againt 4 Packing slips.

In this way comapny can receive more 350 transporter invoices against different purchase orders.

Now to allocate this transportation cost on the material user need to calucalte manully amount per Invoice and update in an Invoice order .

Is it not a tedious and manual process ?

Can you explain about the other process also.

Yes.

I did not offer an opinion on the solution, I was simply telling you how AX does it - you use miscellaneous charges and have to match the process to this, or write a bespoke solution.

The business may choose to add automatic misc charges and process the invoices directly and then account for the differences, but you need to decide based upon teh business requirements and working practices.

Thanks Adam sir .

Thanks again.

Hi Adam ,

I understood the above functionality is applicable for AX 2009 , but what about the above functonality in AX 2012 also or any changes ?

Thanks in Advance.

Not to my knowledge, no difference in AX2012.