Carrier Invoice - Create & Reconcile

Hello everybody,

I am trying to setup a Carrier Invoice Reconciliation in AX - having some problems with it.

What I mean is: I have setup my carrier, and linked it with a vendor in the system.

When registering the packing slip, we dont really know what the costs of delivery are going to be - and, at the end of the month, we usually receive an invoice from our Transport Vendor (Carrier).The invoice is detailed, so we can tell what was the cost of every delivery.

Is it possible to somehow allocate this costs (from a purchase invoice) as charges to the sales deliveries ?

I would be very gratefull for a small hint.

(Using AX 2009 with Process Industry Layer)

You would need to add each as a miscellaneous charge to the sales invoice.

Please read the question again - your answer has little to do with what I was asking for.

The customer receives the invoice for goods long before the carrier sends the invoice for the transport costs

Regards from Germany

I understand your question.

Please understand standard functionality in AX - the way a carrier charge is passed on is through miscellaneous charges. It is that simple. If you cannot or do not want to use these you need to modify the system. This is the method for allocating vendor charges onto item costs etc, so either use it or modify it.

Hi Adam,

The transport fee charged to the customer has nothing to do with the item cost. It is about receiving an invoice from one supplier (total transport charges/month) that we must then reissue to our customers. By reconcile I thought that, maybe because the Carrier can be linked with a Vendor acount, the system can “automatically”:

1. Create a Purch. Invoice proposal based on the shiped (& invoiced) customer orders ;

2. If the actual Vendor Invoice differs from what we have anticipated (point 1.) , than a Reconcile function should allow us to invoice the difference to the customer - this invoice and its difference should not affect the item cost in any way.

My question would read: Should I waste another day or so trying to set it up in standard or should I go ahead and creata some dev specs?

If I understand correctly the answer is: “There is no way to accomplish this in standard. Development is needed”.

Thanks for you help.

Regards from Germany

The miscellaneous charge does not have to uplift inventory, it was an example, it could also be a charge to the customer offset to an expense account. However it is unrelated to the vendor invoice being processed. The shipping interface can pick up charges and apply them to the sales order, but this is the point of shipment, and the cost has to be known, yours is not until the end of the month, and then you want to allocate these back. To my knowledge this is not possible and development is needed, however I have never attacked the shipping carrier interface for a client, I have looked at it and read the white paper, but that is all. I am happy to be told I am wring [:D]

Thanks for the confirmation. Sometimes its hard to walk all alone in the dark [:)]