Miscellaneous Charges Posting

Hello Experts,

I am facing a problem while posting the Item Charges entry in AX 2009.

Scenario -

‘A’ is my raw material vendor. I bought 1000 Qty @ Rs. 10 per unit i.e. 10,000/-

My Unit cost of the Item will be Rs.10.

‘B’ is my Transporter who provided the transportation service amounting to Rs.1,000/- which i want to load on my inventory.

So Inventory stock will be of Rs.11,000(10000+1000) and the Quantity will be 1000. So the Item Unit cost should be Rs.11.

Could you please let me know how to configure this scenario in AX 2009.

Thanks

Rahul

Hi Rahul,

You can setup at item master in price misc.charges.

Sarathy

Hello Sarthy,

There will not be any increase in the Inventory stock. We are charging the transportation cost to an Item. By doing the setup in Item Master in price charges, will the system update both the transactions -

i.e. Increase the Inventory Value and Unit Cost and also post to the Transporter vendor.

Thanks

Rahul

Hi Rahul,

Inventory stock will not increase. it remains same. If you select the check box Incl. in unit price,the miscellaneous charges will be divided by the number in the price quantity field, and then added to the price in the Price misc. charges field. this is manual way of adding the misc.charges to the item.If you’re charging transportation fee from vendor, why don’t you setup the Misc. charges codes in AP, where you will be posting the transactions & you will be having Inventory & vendor transactions gets updated when you invoice the order.

Sarathy

When you create PO and assign miscellaneous charges, you have option called allocate charges.

Allocate charges distributes the miscellaneous charge to the PO line as per criteria. In your case, we can distribute the charges to PO line and with this the unit price will be updated. This can be done after the PO is invoiced also.

Pranav…

Hi Pranav,

If we distribute the charges to PO line the unit price will be updated for Item. But it will get credited to our Raw Material Vendor and not the Transporter Vendor.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

Rahul

Hi Rahul,

Yes the amount will be credited to the raw material vendor only. The reason being when an invoice is posted, the combination of voucher number and invoice number should be unique for a vendor. If we credit second vendor, then the above stated criteria will be violated.

I can suggest you a workaround. In the miscellaneous charge setup, specify a clearing account in credit leg. Now when you receive transporter bill, create a invoice journal and use the same clearing account as offset. This way the clearing account will have 0 balance.

Pranav…