Copy Record From Another FDB

Hi… Is it possible to a copy Record data from another database. for example A.DBF & B.DBF I want copy record table G/L Entry from A.DBF to table G/L Entry in B.DBF, Thanks for your kind help… Regard

You would probably have 2 choices: 1. ADO with CODBC - Set up ADOconnection and ADOrecordset, and connect this to the 2nd Navision database, and transfer data this way. 2. CFRONT - Gives you easy access to moving records. Depending on your “level” the 1st solution would probably be the easiest. Let me know if you need further information/explanation. Soren Nielsen, moderator Integration/Developer NOLUG

Hmm, when would you need this? Replication? Normally you should not copy ledger entries. But create them through a journal again. Soren Nielsen, moderator Integration/Developer NOLUG

If your databases have the same design and version, you can simply use copy/paste. Make copy of “Navision financials” folder and run one fin.exe from original folder, another from copy. Now you can copy from one to another. I hope you not playing on customer FDB …

quote:

Originally posted by ako_ebsi: Hi… Is it possible to a copy Record data from another database. for example A.DBF & B.DBF I want copy record table G/L Entry from A.DBF to table G/L Entry in B.DBF, Thanks for your kind help… Regard

Easy Answer “DO NOT COPY THE RECORDS”!! Copy the G/L Entries and paste then into Excel by all means, but not to another fdb. If you do you may cause an inconsistant database. When Navision posts it populates lots of different tables, and checks the database for consistancy. G/L Entry VAT Entry Item Ledger Resource Ledger FA Ledger Customer Ledger Vendor Ledger Also it populates the transaction “Register Tables” So copying and pasting of one table is not a solution. What are you trying to achieve, we may be able to help with a safer solution! David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk

Hi Soren Nielsen You are right, I need for replication, one of my customer need double G/L, Bank, and all the module which is still in General Ledger, do I have to create another object that they want, or create another company, but the problem they dont want to do double entry, just for information the first GL for the original report & the second GL for special report that they need, and the can modified, thanks any suggestion for me

Can you create a new Third Company and use the built-in consolidation functionality? This would not give you the ability to edit, but should give you the reporting capability. Chris Krantz NCSD,NCSQL,MCSD,MCSE Microforum Inc. Toronto, Ontario, Canada Edited by - chrisk on 2001 Jul 31 05:04:36