contract/service discount

Hi,

Whereby can I use contract/service discount?

From the contract you have service discounts and depending upon the settings in here the lines on subsequent orders and invoices will be discounted if the criteria is met.

I made a model to contract “A” and than I made a discount: serviceitem group: XX with 5 % discount

I made a contract with model “A”, than I made a service order to this contract.

I assigned to order a item (it is serviceitem gropu: XX); but it didn’t use the service discount?

Why? pleas, help me

Did they contract have the discount percentage on the service item line of the contract?

How did you make the service order, from the periodic activities?

I made the contract with contract templat! I made more discount to contract (for example: cost; 30%)

than I made a service order with periodic activities and normal (click service order).

than I assigned to service item line: cost, item (it had a serviceitem group!!!).

The cost was good, but with item didn’t! :frowning:

I assign to service line a item, and Navision have to use the discount! but it doesn’t work! :frowning:

It works by cost and resourece gorpu, but doesn’t with serviceitem group! :frowning:

I’m very bitter! [:’(]

I would suggest you talk to your supplier!

SYMPTOMSWhen you create a new service order in Microsoft Business Solutions - Navision 4.0 or in Microsoft Navision 3.70, the value in the Group Discount field on the Service Item worksheet is missing.

CAUSEThis problem may occur when one of the following conditions is true:

You add a value to the Quantity field on a Service Item worksheet.
You add a code to the Fault Code field on a Service Item worksheet.

RESOLUTION### Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to correct the problem that is described in this article. Only apply it to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next Microsoft Business Solutions - Navision 4.0 service pack that contains this hotfix.

Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.

Installation informationMicrosoft provides programming examples for illustration only, without warranty either expressed or implied. This includes, but is not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This article assumes that you are familiar with the programming language that is being demonstrated and with the tools that are used to create and to debug procedures. Microsoft support engineers can help explain the functionality of a particular procedure, but they will not modify these examples to provide added functionality or construct procedures to meet your specific requirements.

Note Before you install this hotfix, verify that all Microsoft Navision client users are logged off from the system. This includes Microsoft Navision Application Services (NAS) client users. You should be the only client user who is logged on when you implement this hotfix.

To install this hotfix, you must have a valid license for the Solution Developer granule. We recommend that the user account in the Windows Logins dialog box or in the Database Logins dialog box be assigned the “SUPER” role ID. If the user account cannot be assigned the “SUPER” role ID, you must verify that the user account has the following permissions:

The Modify permission for the Codeunit Object ID 7000 object
The Execute permission for the System Object ID 5210 object and for the System Object ID 9015 object

You do not have to have rights to the data stores unless you have to perform data repair.

To resolve this problem, modify the code in the FindServInvLineDisc function Sales Price Calc. Mgt. code unit (7000) as follows:##### Existing code``

WITH ServInvLine DO BEGIN
  SetCurrency(ServHeader."Currency Code",0,0D);
  SetUoM(ABS(Quantity),"Qty. per Unit of Measure");

TESTFIELD("Qty. per Unit of Measure");

IF Type = Type::Item THEN BEGIN
    FindSalesLineDisc(
      TempSalesLineDisc,"Bill-to Customer No.",ServHeader."Contact No.",
      "Customer Disc. Group",'',"No.",Item."Item Disc. Group","Variant Code",
      "Unit of Measure Code",ServHeader."Currency Code",ServHeader."Order Date",FALSE);
    CalcBestLineDisc(TempSalesLineDisc);
    "Line Discount %" := TempSalesLineDisc."Line Discount %";
  END;
  IF Type = Type::Resource THEN
    "Line Discount %" := 0;
END;

Replacement code``
WITH ServInvLine DO BEGIN
  SetCurrency(ServHeader."Currency Code",0,0D);
  SetUoM(ABS(Quantity),"Qty. per Unit of Measure");

TESTFIELD("Qty. per Unit of Measure");

IF Type = Type::Item THEN BEGIN
    Item.GET("No.");
    FindSalesLineDisc(
      TempSalesLineDisc,"Bill-to Customer No.",ServHeader."Contact No.",
      "Customer Disc. Group",'',"No.",Item."Item Disc. Group","Variant Code",
      "Unit of Measure Code",ServHeader."Currency Code",ServHeader."Order Date",FALSE);
    CalcBestLineDisc(TempSalesLineDisc);
    "Line Discount %" := TempSalesLineDisc."Line Discount %";
  END;
  IF Type = Type::Resource THEN
    "Line Discount %" := 0;
END;

Hi,

I made all what are you read, but it doesn’t work! [:(]

any idea? pleas!

Sorry I am not a developer so I cannot really comment, this is a hotfix and instructions issued by Microsoft. I thin kyou will need to contact your supplier or Microsoft to get an answer to this - they are clearly aware it is an issue and therefore will be able to offer advice.