Changing objects ids

Hi everyone,

I have a specific module in which the ids of the objects need to be changed.
I am talking about NAV 2013.
Is there a way to do it automatically or shall I do it manually?

Thanks in advance :D

Hi poppins,

If you can export the objects as a text, then you can open the file and replace the IDs.

Hope it helps.

There are 3rd party add on’s available

ex: Object Manager from Idyn.

Poppins, are you talking about changing the object numbers, or something else? For example, the object number for the Customer table is 18. Is that the kind of number you want to change?

If so, there’s a lot more involved than just changing the number in object designer. Unlike changing the name of a field in a table object, or renaming a record in data, you as the programmer will be responsible for updating all of the other locations in the various program objects that refer to the object you’re renumbering. With rare exceptions, that kind of change is not automatically published to the other objects in the database.

As Belen and Mohana both mentioned, there are tools that you can use to help with the process, but there aren’t any that I know of that don’t require a good bit of thought and planning on the programmer’s part.

Of course, if you’re talking about changing something other than the object number, then, never mind :slight_smile: