Change Log Entries of Extension Fields/Tables

Hi All,

I have an extension based on NAV 2018 on-prem and I realized that even though my custom tables are added in Change Log Setup (Table) table, the logs are not kept in change log entry. Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Thanks,

Ararat

Hi Ararat,

I have not experienced this no and it sounds strange to me. If you insert records into a standard table from an extension, then of course they are there.

Are you sure you have enabled the change log setup and logged in and out?

Hi Erik,

Eventually resetting the change log setup (table), i.e. validating the Log Insertion / Modification / Deletion fields solved the issue but still I couldnt understand what was the problem in the first place. Most probably it was an error from our end since I havent came accross any other complaints on any forums.

Anyways, thanks for your attention.

I have seen this a few times. It doesn’t really start registering the change log entries, until you log out of the system.

Agree with Erik her. I can only get it to work if I activates the change log followed by a restart of the servicetier.

Setup of fields that needs to be locked can be changed without restarting. Its only the on/off feature of logging that needs service-restart.

That makes more sense, thank you both.

That is not entirely true. The “Change Log Management” codeunit caches the settings for a given table and a given field the first time you touch it. Then the settings is remembered until you logout. So if the Change Log is enabled, and you add logging to a table and a field, then it works right away if you haven’t touched the tabel and field in your current session.

But I agree, that the only way to make sure changes to the Change Log Setup is active for all users, is by restarting all service tiers, to force users to login again.