CANNOT tick Financial inventory for "Location" in the storage dimension

Hi,

I would like to check, in AX4 dimension group, we allow to TICK the financial inventory for location.

BUT why in AX2012, we cannot tick the “financial inventory” for “location” in the storage dimension. Can anyone tell me the rational behind.

Thanks a lot.

regards,

tan

You can tick it in AX2012, but not if you have transactions. The costing structure is completely different between the versions and therefore you need to know if you split costing in that manner at the outset in AX2012 I guess.

Hi Adam,

i did try to create a new storage dimension using standard AX2012 demo data but i still CANNOT TICK the Financial inventory for location. Is it standard?

Actually it looks like you can no longer select the financial inventory at location level.

This is what TechNet states:
Product dimensions are always tracked financially. Storage and tracking dimensions include site, warehouse, batch number, location, pallet ID, and serial number. You decide which storage and tracking dimensions will be tracked financially.

Apparently we can no longer decide to track at location level (although I never have). I suggest you raise this with MS.

Hi Adam,

the found the below in LCS.

Solution 2812430 : Unable to add in financial inventory for locations on storage dimension groups

PROBLEM

Users are unable to add in financial inventory for locations on storage dimension groups under Product information management > Setup > Dimension groups > Storage dimension group

MITIGATION

The ability to track financial inventory to the locations level was deprecated from the system in Dynamics AX 2012. The reason behind this is due to tracking inventory to the location level was causing issues with financial inventory and providing inaccurate information on the true costs.