Cancel Production Order ???

Hi,

how to cancel the production order in ax 2009? is there any way to cancel the production order? what will be the status of the production order whose order is cancelled? I don’t want to delete the order.

please help me.

Why do you want to do this - you cannot end a RAF for 0 as the costs have no where to be posted. You cannot leave it open as it will plan and use stock. Businesses will reset the status and delete it - why do you want to retain it?

I’m new to AX and I’m in learning phase.

I got a doubt while following the process of Production order. I tried to find a way to Cancel the Production order, instead of deleting the order, but failed. So, i wanted to know is there any process of cancelling the order. at which phase of the order we can cancel the order ? if we cancel the order what will be its status? because i did not find the status “Cancel” in the Production order statuses.

There can be various reasons to cancel the order… It can be due to less resources, materials, labor, can not fulfill the order in-time etc.,. we should not delete the order because tomorrow we can analyze the cause of cancellation & even for betterment we can see or even to tracking purpose too.

Please clarify my doubt.

Not how AX works, there is no cancellation, you either process it, hold it, or reset it, there is no “cancelled”.

As you said, either to process it, hold it or reset it… If we want to hold it, how do we do ? you said about reset, till which phase of production order we can reset the order? I think, once we do the Report as Finished phase we can not do reset. can we ?

Hi adam,

As you said, either to process it, hold it or reset it… If we want to hold it, how do we do ? you said about reset, till which phase of production order we can reset the order? I think, once we do the Report as Finished phase we can not do reset. can we ?

srikar

You just leave it, you can mark it with a production pool/group as held but that does nothing except segregate it, and the issue here is planning still sees it as replenishment and demand, you need to close it, reschedule it or remove it.

You can reset a RAF status order

Hi,

Thanks adam

srikar

Very Old post but Im on this too right now on AX2009, Hope someone respond…

A reason to cancel a Production order would be in next Scenario:
Workorders for main assemblies got never RAF (only subassys WOs, Bad practice by production), Inventory is corrupted and we are migrating to AX2012 and only Open WOs, SOs and POs will be moved to AX2012.

I need very old opened WO have Ended status as I don’t want to move them to AX2012, Also I don’t want to remaind as finish be considered for further planning, I don’t want to delete the orders (reset status to Created > Delete) becuase I want keep the evidence those orders existed, were never RAF but are completed in fact.

I my case I’m thinking about created a production Group called CXLBYADMIN. Then I update via T-SQL ProdTable
PRODSTATUS = 7, REMAININVENTPHYSICAL = 0, PRODGROUPID = ‘CXLBYADMIN’.

No Journal gets created for this but at least as remain will be 0, then no replenishment nor demand for it will be considered…

I’m I correct?, I’m a .NET developer in process learning Functional AX2009 and AX2012. I tested with one WO and looks fine…

Any comments from Experts?

You need to end them, if you produced nothing you cannot end them. Having the history of reporting nothing is wrong, so dont take the history to show the bad practice of production.

I would not update anything through SQL, you should be writing AX jobs to prevent the corruption of the DB.

If you are moving to AX2012 handle it through the migration and flag them prior to that.

I want to end them because the were ended in real life… however it makes no sense to Report them as finished as invntory is corrupted anyway…

Which would be the impact of doing what I stated via SQL? WO will remain flagged with the new Production GroupID

In addition, some of those WOs were created and cancelled in real life, some others created by mistake (Before I get hired here) and there is no way to identify them to delete some and RAF for some others. So in theory I would need to process them in tthe same way… Cancelled and No remain as finish. This is only for 2016. I still need to analize 2017 moth by moth since January and check with Production Dept which are really active and WIP.

If inventory is corrupted book them all in for 1. Your costing is gone anyway so use stadnard then once cleansed stock check.

Doing anything in SQL has the potential to corrupt the database. Do you know all of the related tables, classes, methods, declarations etc. that will use that data for month end, stock transactions, costing, planning, etc. Obviously if you are confident it is your system, but it would never be the recommendation of someone who works in AX and has spent ages trying to correct the data poorly thought out SQL updates cause :slight_smile:

This is 2016 so everything is closed now… I don’t want transactions posted in Oct’17 nor any other month… Periods in 2016 are closed by Finance and cannot open them…

Doing the RAF of 1 will impact financial accounts, right? I don’t want that happen… as Finance department is working fine. So not sure if doing this I will affect accounts and then they will have to fix. (I’m not financial guy so won’t know how to fix if uneeded affectations impact FIN accounts)
I already reseted them all to Created Status… So I could just go and delete them but I’m not sure about that nor RAF with 1.

I prefer keep them No impact in stock(alhtough corrupted), no impact in journals, no impact in FIN accounts, no impact in demands (although corrupted). All happy ;-D

lol, so your inventory is corrupt, you have production orders that should have been complete but are not but the finance department is working fine - I doubt it if production is posting to the financial accounts! There would be no financial impact if you RAF today and then write it off, apart from of course the huge inventory correction which you need to do anyway to reflect what was not done.

If you dont need the history then set the status to created and delete - if you got any reversal messages you would already have seen them.

Setting the status back to created and cancelling is the best way, but then you have no evidence those orders existed which is what you wanted.

Yes… In fact… the approach will be once inventory be migrated, do physical inventory counting, adjust qty in AX2012, Pray a little and cross our fingers so not get corrupted again…