calcEstimated new item in production BOM

Is it possible to add new item at the Production BOM after status started?

I have try do add itembut the estimated qty still 0. How i calculate the estimated qty, and created line at InventTrans with status on order?

Urgent!

Thanks,
Sunarti

HI,

Yes we can do it. Add BOM item. and click on update button > reset status… Now change it from Start to Estimate. from there you can do same old production process…

Sarathy

However this will falsify the estimate, you should leave it is unestimated as you have added it after you have started it, so it was not part of the original design.

Hi Sunarti,

First you need to change the Production order from “Start” start by selecting Update button> Reset Status to Create state. Then you click on BOM and there you can add any item or BOM item and set its Quantity, operation number and mention the Warehouse. Save it & close the form. It will change the status of Production order to Create.

Now come back to Production Order and click on Update button> Estimate . after estimation done … Click on Inquiries > Price Calculation. check the new item is added into it or not?

As Adam said, its not good practice. I said it because we have that option but we can do this process upto Release phase but not after Start phase.

Sarathy

Thanks all, this way i know.

Now I try to do without reset the status, cause already key Route Card Journal.

If want to reset the status that mean the Route Card Journal will auto reverse and need to re-key in the data.

and i find out this impossible way to without reset the status.

And in reality you should not so it - you have estimated materials, scheduled resources it is fully in teh plan - if you add something you are adding it when it is not expected so it should not be in the estimation as this is the starting point, no need to change it, why do you want it in the estimation if it was never there originally?