Benefits and Implications of using Dimensions on Organisation units and Jobs

Has anyone used dimesions on Organisation units or Jobs in the HR module? If so, what benefits are derived from having org units or jobs set with dimensions? Are there negative implications?

I would appreciate your contributions in this regard.

Thanks.

in my opinion it could be helpful if you want to financially separate your organization units, for example in allocating expenses. later on you can reflect on it in financial statements and figure out which organization units have more expenses than others.

that just an example. I am sure there is much more to it. =]

Hi Tolu,

Dimensions are also important for exporting your payroll mutations to a payroll module. We have developed an add on for HR. In this module we also created Employements. On a employment you can transfer the necessary data to a payroll provider. The journals you were receiving back is nicely split to the dimensions you have send to them. A piece of work what normally cost you a lot of time to make the right split. We have alle covered in in HR Plus, the add on.
If you work f.i. 30% on department A and 70% on department B, if you have 1 or 2 contracts who made that possibel, it is all available via HR Plus. For more information, please feel free to visit our website: www.fourvisionhrplus.com.

best regards,

Bert Stegeman