Benchmark

I need to find some benchmark about Attain 3.60 and (possibly) SQL 2000. I couldn’t find anything so I’m wondering if anybody have ever performed some deep test [?]. I could only find an old doc made by Navision with Siemens concerning Navision 2.50 and SQL 7.0. I whould appreciate any suggestion about this. Does anybody also know something about benchmark software which works with Attain ?? thanks in advance

What should the benchmark mess ? What sense makes a benchmark for a system that mostly waits for the input of the user ? There is a little bit help for finding bottlenecks by the client monitor.

I agrre with you. I need a benchmark not to test bottlenecks but to provide our customers for data concerning Attain performances in native and SQL configuration.

Hi Andrea, lets assume there are about 45,000 Navision implementations out there. Now lets make the bold assumption that everyone is different, thus we need to develop about 45,000 bench marks, which maks no sense. I know I am exagerating, but the principle stands. Your role as an NSC is to be able to advise your clients on performance based on history. What you should be doing, is setting up a test system to identify issues, then post specific perfomance questions on this forum. I know that there are certain things that could be bench marked, such as maximum no of Inventory transactions etc. But in any case, the bench mark never works, because the NSC changes the code, and almost never follows the guides for Hardware configuration. Sorry I can’t be of more help. Back int he DOS days, I wrote a profiling program, that was able to randomly post invoices, and thus simulate load, I was never able to use it for a customer to answer a specific question, but it taught me enough to be able to understand what the system is doing, and what hard ware is needed. Really you need to do this, and just start practiving and learning. Hope this give you at least some help.