Axapta 2.5 to 3.0

Hello, Last year we updated Axapta 2.5 to 3.0. There were several bugs in 3.0 that were not in 2.5! Some of them are not solved yet. Is there someone with the same problem or are there more Axapta 3.0 users and would like to share some thoughts/problems. Some information about our company: We are a wholesaler in lamps. We import from/export to different countries and work with different currencies. We have more then 10.000 different articles in our system. We also work with backorders. We wanted to work with CRD /quotations but haven’t started yet because it does work properly.

Hi Martin, Can you please be more specific as to what errors you are facing at the moment? And have you upgraded your application to ver 3.0 SP2? Regards, Harish Mohanbabu

Hi Harish, We do not have the SP2 installed yet. Your dealer says that the problems we have, are not solved in SP2. I heard SP3 will soon be release. I will mention some of the problems we had/still have: (I have to translate it from dutch, so I hope it is clear) - menu: customer/sales order/ There is a problem with backorders/reservations. We also work with the “headplan”(hoofdplan in dutch): this advises us how much articles we have to buy from a supplier. - menu: customer/sales order/ In 2.5 an order line was deleted automatically when that line was invoiced. If the salesorder was invoiced the salesorder was deleted automatically. In 3.0 we wanted the same, but this wasn’t possible anymore. Some salesorders were deleted automaticaly, even if there were order lines still to be invoiced. We do not used this option now, because we did not hear of an fix yet form our dealer. Invoiced orders are removed manually now. - customer/customer/contacts (same with supplier) If you want to go from here to the wedsite of you customer/supplier it only opens your own “start” page. If you want to send an e-mail from here, outlool is openen but without the e-mail address. - in version 2.5 you had the “report” wizzard in you standard software. This is very usefull to make your own simple layouts. After we installed 3.0, the report wizzard disapeared. Microsoft took the report wizzard out of the standard software, and if you want it in 3.0, you will have to pay for it (that is what our dealer told us). - We have the same problem in CRM: making e-mail groups. We have the CRM “Sales Force Automation”. It was possible to make e-mail groups in 2.5 but not in 3.0 due to new licences. - all our layouts needed to be maed again, which costs quite some money. I hope that it is clear for it is difficult to translate some dutch words from Axapta into english

Hi Martin, Without seeing your actual system, I think it is a bit difficult to comment on some of your problems. Especially - a. Deleting sales order after invoice b. Problem in going to the website of supplier/customer c. Problem with Outlook in that it is opening without email address etc Rather than an issue with ver 3.0 or bugs, I feel the problem lies in settings. For example, whether you want to delete or just want to void sales orders depends upon setting up ‘Delete order after invoicing’ under Updates tab and ‘Mark order as voided’ under General tab of Sales ledger parameters. About the report wizard, AFAIK, report wizard comes with the Base package (along with language, companies, virtual companies, user management, user groups, menu designer, IntelliMorph etc). Since I don’t have CRM module, I can’t comment on problem about email groups. You have this problem since last year. Also according to your dealer these problems are not resolved in SP2 yet. May be it would be a good idea to hire an external consultant to come and have a look at your system. Regards, Harish Mohanbabu

Hi Harish, Are you working with Axapta 3.0? If so you could try it out. Untill now I have not find an end user who is working working with version 3.0. so I still do not now if other customers had/have the same problems.

Hi Martin, Yes, I am working on Axapta ver 3.0 / SP2. My earlier post was based on my experience working in this version (except for CRM which I don’t have). If you have any queries, do please feel free. Regards, Harish Mohanbabu

Good morning Harish, When we just had version 3.0 we had problems with sales orders (backorders and reservations). We have Axapta 3.0 SP1. I’ll try to explain what happened with an example. We have 3 pcs of article A on stock. A customers orders 10 pcs of this type A: 1. the 3 pcs that are on stock are reserved 2. 7 pcs go in backorder When a purchase order is made (via headplan (translated from dutch) of the 7 pcs, you couls see that Axapta only made reservation for 4 pcs (7-3) instead of 7 pcs. When the article A came in from the supplier and was put on stock, only a total of 7 pieces were reserved instead of 10. 3 pcs are still in backorder, while there are enough pcs on stock. When you make another purchase order via the headplan, axapta advises you to order 3 pcs of type A. Could you please check this out with your 3.0 SP2 version? Maybe this problem was solved in the SP2. Will still use 3.0 SP1.

Martin, Vanaf heden is ook SP 3 beschikbaar van Axapta versie 3.0. Als je wilt kan ik je de release notes sturen zodat je een idee krijgt welke bugs dan zijn opgelost. Een vraagje krijg je hierover geen informatie van jullie Axapta leverancier? Kijk ook eens op www.axapta-links.com en http://technet.navision.com als je dat al niet gebruikt. groet, Bianca van der Woude

quote:

Originally posted by BWO
Martin, Vanaf heden is ook SP 3 beschikbaar van Axapta versie 3.0. Als je wilt kan ik je de release notes sturen zodat je een idee krijgt welke bugs dan zijn opgelost. Een vraagje krijg je hierover geen informatie van jullie Axapta leverancier? Kijk ook eens op www.axapta-links.com en http://technet.navision.com als je dat al niet gebruikt. groet, Bianca van der Woude

Bianca, Graag volledig zijn als je antwoord geeft. SP3 is inderdaad beschikbaar maar de DIS laag niet of hebben jullie deze niet nodig voor de Nederlandse klanten ? Dirk