AX 2012 Change the warehouse in Quarantine Order

Hi,

I`m trying to change the inventory warehouse manually in Quarantine order on AX 2012. It was possible on AX 2009 but it does not work on AX 2012.

Isn’t this function used anymore?

From the code i can see the InventDim fields are only enabled when the status is created…

Hi,

I also found it in the active method. So I deleted it, and it worked.

Thank you.

Hi,

May I know how to set Quarantine Order to select warehouse manually ? I’m dont know where those “active method”

You need to customize the code, in AX2012 you cannot alter the warehouse so it has to go back into the source warehouse post inspective. AX2009 allowed you to change it but they closed this loop hole and Microsoft have told me if I want this functionality I need to customize the system.

Hi Adam,

what you said is true, in AX2009 we can alter the inventory dimension to select another warehouse… is there any clue where to start to customize the code ? i’m opening the AOT on Quarantine Order forms but didnt find where those active method

This is the response I got:

There has at least been one Design change request for this particular issue, but unfortunately the decision was made to not change this in AX 2012. The Development team is aware of the issue though, and are working on implementing a design change in a future version.

However, a possible solution seems to be quite simple. The following link shows a relatively easy change to the Quarantine order’s logic that helps achieve the result you are looking for.

http://sdrv.ms/ZyWJL6

That being said, I must also include our disclaimer for code suggestions/workarounds:

“Microsoft provides programming examples for illustration only, without warranty either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This message assumes that you are familiar with the programming language that is being demonstrated and the tools that are used to create and debug procedures.”