Assigning UPC barcodes to new items

Our company has been purchased a list of UPC barcode numbers.

This list is currently stored in a spreadsheet. Each time we create a new item in Navision we take a new UPC code from the sheet and import it into the Navision item card.

Does anyone have any experience of getting Navision to automatically assign a UPC code each time a new item is created?

We are running Nav 2017. I assume we would need to purchase an add-on to get this functionality?

Hello

I would create a new Number series called BARCODE and type the first and last number in the range that you have bought. Then I would ask a devleoper to create a button that "takes the next number and add it to an item. Development of this is less than one hours.

I had experiance with EAN(it is 0+UPC code).

We had range for our item ((From, To and Last Used fields for Inventory setup) and if Vendor barcode was not applicable (e.g. jeans of all sizes had the same barcode) or does not exist, NAV just generate new one (take Last and increasy it) and updated last used, but not take data from extenal spreadsheet.

• small additional point - we had range {2000xx … 2900xx} for item which we used inetrnally.

It is very simple and you no need any extensions.

P.S. Another point is QR-barcode

The UPC numbers are not sequential. I believe the last digit is called a check digit?. This is a calculation based on the previous numbers in the sequence.

Can Navsion handle a number sequence that is not sequential? I presume a developer would need add this functionality as well

That also needs to be developed. But still roughtly around one hour of development.