Assigning LOT No. item with Already a transaction

Hi It is possible to Assign a LOT No. although the Item has Already been to through Transaction?hoping for your reply. :smiley:

If you are trying to say that, you have posted an item, with the “wrong” lot no. And you want to change the lot no. you can do so with “Item Reclass Journals”. It allows you to specify a new lot no. (If you are using the warehouse module, and you have enabled lot no. tracking at warehouse level, it gets a little bit more complicated)

If you are saying that, you have posted items without any Lot No. Setup, and now you want to enable lot no. setup, then this is not possible. NAV will not allow you to enable Lot no. when there are existing item ledger entries for the Item. You would have to redo the item again. (This means, creating a new item card, and reentering all the items again with proper lot no. setup)

Hi,

In my Case I already posted the Item with Out Lot No.

It is possible to Neg. Adjust all ITEM, then I will use the Positive Adjustment to back the Inventory and that’s the Item I will Assign a Lot No…Is this strategy will works…Or there’s a good way…Hoping For Your reply

Hi

Yes, you can do a negative adjustment of the wrong item. Then create a new item card, set the lot policy tracking, and do a positive adjustment back in again. Please be careful with the costing when u do a positive adjustment for the item back in. You would want the cost to be exactly the same as the previous item.

Jordi

Thanks, i apprecaited your Advise.[:)]