Assign a BOM Line to a Variant

Hello everybody,

I’m facing the following problem:

I need to assign some BOM Lines to a Product Variant so when I need to produce one variant the BOM Lines should be those common to all the variants plus the BOM Lines specific for the selected variant.

Thank you all in advance.

Regards,

Nacho

You can use the configuration dimension for the variant and align this to the configuration group.
technet.microsoft.com/…/aa599171.aspx

Hello Adam,

I was digging into configuration groups but I can’t find enough information to understand how they actually work.
Could someone explain how they work?
Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Nacho

Okay so to start simply, and from a previous post of mine:

You have your configuration BLACK or RED.

On the BOM you list ALL possible items used, you then assign them on the BOM line to BOM Configuration Groups.

On the Item Setup under configurations you list the specific items for each configuration group.

Common items are left blank.

Hello Adam,

I have created a Product Master with product dimension group: “configuration”. I have assigned it to a BOM containing some lines assigned to a configuration group and some lines without configuration group.
But I don’t know where to assign the variants of the final product to the configuration group.
Thank you.

Regards,
Nacho

Hi Nacho

Which version of AX?

AX 2012 R3

Sorry, it is AX 2012 R2

From the parent item you go to the engineering tab and the configuration section and then the “Maintain Configurations” option. In there you can specify which group is triggered with which dimension. If it is greyed out then you did not choose the correct configuration technology type when setting up the item.

The issue is solved.
Thank you Adam.

Regards,
Nacho